DCP provides computer and general information technology support for The College of Design, Construction, and Planning. These services include, but are not limited to:
New employee setup and exiting employee decommissioning for IT related services (email, printers, file servers, etc.).
Security and updates for DCP-managed computers.
- Maintaining the patch level of the operating system.
- Maintaining the virus definitions for the virus scanning system.
- Updating software, as needed.
- Encryption and tracking of laptops.
- Outage and security incident response.
- Setup of new workstations: desktop computers, laptops, VDI clients.
- Hardware diagnostics.
- Labor for the replacement of worn/damaged parts internal to a computer (cost of the parts are charged to the unit).
Installation of computer peripherals
- Printers not covered by the PrintSmart contract.
- Desktop cameras for video conferencing.
Installation of approved and licensed software
- Microsoft Office.
- Adobe products.
- UFIT supported or required software (browsers, plugins, …)
Quotes for software and hardware purchases.
Support for centralized UFIT services
- UF Exchange email & calendaring.
- Network share drives.
- UF One Drive for Business.
- UF Drop Box for Education.
- Specifics on UFIT Policies and DCP IT Standards and Procedures is available on the Policies section of this website.
- If an employee with administrative rights to their machine has varied too far from the standard DCP IT setup, the machine was not setup by DCP IT, or the machine is self-managed by the employee, DCP IT can not guarantee support time to resolve issues. Please see the Workstation Support Levels page for more information.